.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} -->

LoomisBoy

The personal journal of technology journalist and conference speaker Randall S. Newton.

View Randall Newton's profile on LinkedIn

Friday, March 16, 2007

Dear Google Mail, Please Stop Identifying My Google Alerts as Spam

Dear Google,

I have been using Gmail, your wonderful web-based email service, for over a year now as my only email client. I especially appreciate your spam-filtering capabilities. But therein lies a problem.

I occasionally review the contents of the Spam folder before deleting it, just to make sure no "real" mail was being put there by mistake. A few days ago, I noticed that one of my Google Alert emails was in the Spam folder. Since then, I have looked closely at the contents of the Spam folder before deleting, and am finding that Gmail is putting about half of my daily Google Alert emails into the Spam folder.

If you don't get the irony, let me point it out. Google's email program is tagging emails sent by Google's News Alert program as Spam. Seems rather odd to me. It is also rather annoying, as I rely on Google Alerts to stay on top of what's happening with many of the companies I cover in my online journals AECnews and CADCAMNet. (Google Alerts have given me many a scoop, I want you to know.)

Please fix the Spam filter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.