.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} -->

LoomisBoy

The personal journal of technology journalist and conference speaker Randall S. Newton.

View Randall Newton's profile on LinkedIn

Friday, January 05, 2007

Tag! I'm It -- FIve Things You Don't Know About Me

It seems there is a "game" weaving its way through the blogosphere called "Tag--Five Things You Don't Know About Me." Adena Schutzberg of All Points Blog called me out, along with two other CAD writers. So here goes.

1. I am a blood relative to several card-carrying Native Americans, but I am not eligible to join an Indian tribe.
2. I completed all coursework for a masters degree (in education) but got REAL sick before I could compete the thesis. When I got half-way well, I got married. Nine kids later I'm still a thesis away from a master's degree. But unlike bachelor degree programs, master and doctoral programs have time limits.
3. I can look out my kitchen window and see the hospital I was born in.
4. The most famous person I ever interviewed was the late Dixy Lee Ray. It was my first assignment as a newly hired reporter for The Spokesman-Review (Spokane, WA) and I had 30 seconds to prepare. I was awful, and she was gracious.
5. My father hit me in the head with an ax once. Yes, it was an accident (an axident, yuk yuk). Yes, I bled like crazy. No, I was not knocked unconscious. The blade grazed my eyebrow. The ax traveled 20 feet uphill (very steep slope) to slice me -- nobody could have done a shot like that on purpose.

The rules of "Tag--Five Things You Don't Know About Me" say I have to tag another blogger to do the same thing. So, I tag Rick Stavanja and Rachael Taggart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.