.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} -->

LoomisBoy

The personal journal of technology journalist and conference speaker Randall S. Newton.

View Randall Newton's profile on LinkedIn

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Tale of Two Optometrists

It has been way too long since my last eye exam, and I can tell my prescription has changed; I now take my glasses off to read tiny print or to work close-up.

So yesterday I made a couple of phone calls, pricing the cost of a standard optical exam. One clinic was in the US, the other in British Columbia, Canada. The two clinics are about the same driving distance, 25 miles. I will be paying cash for the exam. The US clinic wanted $161 plus a $30 refraction fee. The Canadian clinic wanted $80 CDN, and there is no separate refraction fee. At today's exchange rates, the price will be about $69 USD. You get one guess where I booked my appointment.

Bonus: I'm going around lunch time, and there are wider variety of good restaurants to choose from in Osoyoos, BC than in Omak, Washington.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.