.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} -->

LoomisBoy

The personal journal of technology journalist and conference speaker Randall S. Newton.

View Randall Newton's profile on LinkedIn

Friday, December 29, 2006

Dad Chats on YouTube

Now that I'm Time Magazine's Person of the Year (so are you, if you didn't already know), I decided I'd better take the next step in my online destiny and post to YouTube. My older kids have been bugging me for years to record or transcribe the lullaby songs I created for each of them when they were infants. So, in this first YouTube video I sing the two songs I created for Amanda when she was a newborn.

I'm using a $20 webcam and the lighting is terrible. I look like something out of a 1950's horror movie. The picture doesn't always keep up with the sound. If there is enough interest, perhaps I'll re-record this with better equipment and proper lighting. Too bad we can't do something about the narrator.

The title of the video is a threat or a promise, depending on your point of view. I hope to do more of these, and to maybe take the time to talk about what being a father means to me. I know to get anybody's attention, they will have to be short, to the point, and meaningful. But that's not easy. As the mathematician Pascal (who loved to write letters to friends and family) once wrote in a letter to a friend, I would have written a shorter letter but I didn't have time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think the narrator is the best part of the video

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.