.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} -->

LoomisBoy

The personal journal of technology journalist and conference speaker Randall S. Newton.

View Randall Newton's profile on LinkedIn

Sunday, June 17, 2007

LoomisBoy Gets a BearMeat Promotion

So, I have to get up at 4 a.m. tomorrow to drive to the airport (130 miles) to catch a flight to the Big Apple so I can have meetings with some muckety-mucks from a software company at the Walforf Astoria. (I kid you not; every job has the occasional crappy duty. What really sucks is that I might not even get my free upgrade to first class on my Alaska Airlines flight to Newark.) And even thought it is Father's Day today (a great one by the way, I think they maybe do love me here at Castle Newtonstein), I decide to check email "just in case." And while checking email I decide to waste time that could be spent with my 10-year-old watching Man Vs. Wild and check my newest blog addiction, BearMeat.

Low and behold, the long arm of those Waco rascals reaches all the way to Tonasket, Washington to bestow honor upon your humble scribe. Read all about it if you dare--BearMeat is not for the faint of heart or those who could care less about the Baptist Notre Dame on the Brazos.

To Red and the rest of the BearMeat Boys, if Siemens is buying tomorrow night, I'll raise a Caol Ila in salute to your Rebel Yell pitiful selves. (If Siemens isn't buying, it will have to be a Bud Light. Sorry. Respect only goes so far.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Senior Editor Red Andrews said...

LoomisBoy:

You do us proud. Fight the good fight and never forget your noble lineage.

Red

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.