.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} -->

LoomisBoy

The personal journal of technology journalist and conference speaker Randall S. Newton.

View Randall Newton's profile on LinkedIn

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I Ran But I Couldn't Hide


As of last week, I am a youth soccer coach. So far so good, we've only had one practice.

I'm coaching U-10, which means I have kids from 8 to 10. Most have experience, but a few, including my daughter Liberty, are playing organized soccer for the first time.

My goals are simple: Learn some fundamentals, learn the basics of athletic self-discipline, and have fun.

I love to teach, but it helps when the teacher knows the subject. I never played organized soccer (didn't exist in Tonasket when I was a kid). So, thanks to Amazon.com and the Web, I've found a variety of mentors to help me on the path to enlightenment. Did you know, for example, that when you dribble (moving down the field with the ball), you are supposed to use the front of your foot? I thought one used the side of the foot.

More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.