.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} -->

LoomisBoy

The personal journal of technology journalist and conference speaker Randall S. Newton.

View Randall Newton's profile on LinkedIn

Monday, April 11, 2005

Icerocket is Better for Searching Blogs

I really like Google and use it many times a day in my course of work. But it isn't the only search engine out there, and I think it is important (at least for me) to see what other search engines are doing to stay competitive.

Recently I've found Icerocket to be the best at searching blogs. Using it to search "LoomisBoy" I discovered that the San Francisco Chronicle, and a Ph.D. researcher in Australia, as well as other sites, quoted from my blog entry on Apple and the First Amendment. When I first searched this term, Google didn't have as many hits for "LoomisBoy" as Icerocket did, but checking again today I find it has caught up.

If you need power search capabilities, check out Icerocket's RSS service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.